Saturday, May 4, 2013

Essential Carry On

Is there a name for someone who's always ridiculously organised? Because that's me. It's Saturday afternoon and we leave tomorrow morning. I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs because my bags are all packed and I have nothing to do. I'm also waiting for my brother, sister and sister's boyfriend to arrive on the train so that we can all head off for our flight in the morning. Feeling a little impatient!

This is the first time I've taken a backpack on an overseas trip. I used to think they were kinda dorky, but I guess I just hadn't found one I liked. Now I realise how fickle I was being because this Herschel bag has been my best investment in a long time. No more sore shoulders from carrying super heavy hand bags and it also fits SO much stuff.

Here are a few things I'll be taking on the plane tomorrow. What's funny is that I have this huge backpack full of stuff and Ben doesn't even have a carry on. He says all he needs is his wallet, phone and headphones so that's all he's taking (I'm the official passport minder). Meanwhile, here I am with a bathroom cabinet full of drugs (panadol, melatonin, hay-fever and de-gas tablets - hey, flights make me bloat! TMI?), snacks for the airport and a whole packet of ear plugs to name just a few items. I'll also have my camera and extra lens, face wipes and a pair of comfy socks!

Can't wait to finally get on the plane and settle in with my book and a few movies I've been wanting to see for a while (I've already sussed them out - see, too organised). Have a great weekend xo

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh my books going on a holiday. Have a lovely time Han.
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is! I will take good care of it and show it all the sights America has to offer. Thanks love!

      Delete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.