Saturday, April 13, 2013

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

Ben and I left work early yesterday to drive inland to our home town for the weekend. We haven't been home since Christmas and probably won't get another chance for a while so we thought we'd make the most of this weekend and spend some time with our families.

I used to always dread the five hour drive between Sydney and Tamworth but yesterday it was actually enjoyable. It was a warm day and the sun was streaming into the car most of the way. We were also blessed with an amazing sunset as we drew nearer to home. I feel so lucky to have grown up in such an amazing part of the world.

I arrived home to my mum's fantastic cooking and spent the evening playing scrabble before I headed to bed early and had the best sleep I've had in months. I woke this morning to a fresh fruit and vegetable juice in the fridge and the amazing smell of something in the slow-cooker wafting through the house. It really does not get much better than this. Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's amazing, you already sound like you are having a fabulous time! Enjoy the weekend with you family.

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hope you had a fab weekend! There really is nowhere like home.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.