Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Recipe | Moroccan Lentil Burgers

I made these burgers for Mum, Dad and Ben the other night and they were excellent. I've been buying the Celebrate Health lentils for a while but hadn't made any of their recipes until now. I love these because they are already seasoned. They also have a Mediterranean flavour as well as other products such as Quinoa, recipe bases (sauces) and stock. You can buy them at Coles in the health food section. This recipe makes about 8 patties so there was enough for me to take a burger to work the next day (hence the last photo with strange background) - bonus!

Ingredients:

1 packet Celebrate Health Moroccan Lentils (or plain lentils cooked with moroccan seasoning)
1 sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
2 spring onions, finely chopped (I used some red onion instead)
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup bread crumbs (for crumbing)
Vegetable oil for frying
Hummus, salads and bread rolls - whatever takes your fancy. I also added sweet chilli sauce to my burger.

Directions:

Cook lentils as per packet directions and the sweet potato. Set both aside to cool. Mix the lentils, mashed sweet potato, onion, egg and 1/4 cup bread crumbs until well combined. Divide mixture into about 8 patties, roll and dust with the remaining bread crumbs until lightly coated. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry patties until golden brown. Serve warm with salad, hummus and anything else you like on a bread roll.

3 comments:

  1. It's not really relevant to this post but is there any chance you could write a blog entry on how to save money/scrimp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so tasty...I often make Moroccan inspired chickpea fritters, these sound like a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried flavoured lentils, but this sounds delicious - I may have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.