Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Adventures in Juicing

Pineapple, watermelon, apple and mint.
Carrot, orange, beetroot and mint.
Pineapple, kale, apple and ginger.

I scored a juicer for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun trying new combinations ever since (minus the cleaning up - that blows). I stocked up on plenty of fruit and veg this weekend in order to try a few different flavours and share them with you all. I think my favourite was actually the green juice. I promise you can't even taste the kale! The first combination made about four glasses and the bottom two made about two glasses each. Ben wasn't so keen on the juices that had vegetables in them, though I did get him to taste the kale one this afternoon and he was fine until I told him what was in it. Ah dear, one day I'll get him, one day.

Do you have any favourite juice combinations?

6 comments:

  1. I will be trying these out for sure! I'm looking to get a juicer in the next few days xx Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I have the Breville Juice Fountain Max and I love it. :)

      Delete
  2. Mm yum! I used to make juices at my parent's place, I wish we had a juicer now! My favourite is apple and carrot.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you put a plastic bag in the scrap catcher? That helps so much in the cleaning up process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's an excellent idea! Don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I got a juicer for christmas also!
    Today I had a Orange, sweet potato, cauliflower and apple juice this morning. Really yummy. Another one I really like is Nectarine, kale, pineapple and carrot. Mmm.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.