Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Veggie Patch Van

I've known about the Veggie Patch food truck for a while now. I think I first heard about it in Frankie magazine. It's a Sydney-based food van that offers vegetarian and vegan fair and utilises fresh, local produce. The founders are a mash-up between a Sydney vegetarian restaurant called Yulli's (yet to try) and a local design firm called TMOD. Interesting combo! 

To my delight, the Veggie Patch parked itself at the Finders Keepers markets this weekend which I was able to head along to for the first time. The markets were extremely crowded so I found myself heading outside for lunch pretty early on. The line for the Veggie Patch was dauntingly long, but to my delight moved really quickly. I ordered the zucchini burger and a grapefruit soda. I was super impressed! For $10, the burger came with beetroot, caramelised onions, mayonnaise, tomato relish, coriander and spinach leaves. The patty itself was really tasty - made from chickpeas, zucchini and feta cheese. The burger bun was nice and soft meaning it was easy to eat and not messy - important when you're on the run, methinks. I would have liked to try the sweet potato and kale chips but will have to wait until next time.

Being so crowded, I didn't get any good photos at the markets. It was frighteningly packed! I only managed to purchase one small Christmas gift before I needed to escape. Ah well, at least my lunch was superb!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm that looks so delicious. I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.