Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sculpture by the Sea

Each year, between Tamarama and Bondi beaches in Sydney, there is an event called Sculpture by the Sea. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like, with around 100 artists competing for the top vote at the outdoor exhibition which runs for a few weeks.

Today, my friend Alyssa and I decided to check them out. We had lunch at Coogee Beach before making the coastal walk all the way to Bondi. The sculptures were clever, funny, huge and a few were just...weird. It must be such an enormous production to set them all up. I think my favourite was the fishing rod one or View (Trademarked). Simple but effective! The walk itself was spectacular - I'd been meaning to cross that off my bucket list ever since moving to Sydney. We really are so blessed with our beautiful beaches here.

P.S I downloaded the font used on some of the images from A Beautiful Mess. One day I hope to make my own! 

P.P.S That's an actual graveyard on the cliff face - not part of the exhibition! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.